https://generatorforum.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/News-Bulletins.jpg 401 600 m16Dev https://generatorforum.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/NAGF-Logo.png m16Dev2021-08-30 07:42:472021-11-18 10:58:03NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 8/27/2021
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 8/27/2021
Subject: NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 08/27/2021
- NAGF Comments submitted for NERC Projects
The NAGF worked with membership to develop and submit NAGF comments for the following projects: Project 2019-04: Modifications to PRC-005-6
- Upcoming NAGF Working Group Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF CIP Working Group: September 14th @ 02:00-03:00 pm ET
- NAGF Variable Resources Working Group: September 22nd @ 11:00-12:00 pm ET
- NAGF Cold Weather Preparedness Working Group: September 23rd @ 02:00-03:00 pm ET
Conference call/webinar and meeting agenda information can be found in the working group event posted on the NAGF Groupsite calendar.
- Reminder: FERC Technical Conference Regarding Energy and Ancillary Services Market
Tuesday, Sep 14, 2021 (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) and Oct 12, 2021 (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM). Panels will discuss:
- Panel 1: Understanding the Need for Additional Operational Flexibility in RTO/ISO Energy and Ancillary Services Markets
- Panel 2: Revising Existing Operating Reserve Demand Curves (ORDCs) to Address Operational Flexibility Needs in RTOs/ISOs
- Panel 3: Creating New Products to Address Operational Flexibility Needs in RTOs/ISOs
- Panel 4: Market Design Issues and Tradeoffs to Consider in Reforms to Increase Operational Flexibility in RTO/ISO Energy and Ancillary Services Markets
- Hold the Date – Strategies for Securing Your Supply Chain – September 22, 2021
The MRO will host the subject webinar Via WebEx, on September 22, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (CST). Tony Eddleman (NPPD) and Shari Gribbin (CNK Solutions) will be providing an overview of the Cyber Supply Chain Risk Management Guide (Guide) that was posted on the APPA website early this year. This document was developed by the American Public Power Association (APPA), the Large Public Power Council (LPPC), and the Transmission Access Policy Study Group (TAPS); all participate on the Industry Organizations Team.The document provides a comprehensive risk management program and controls development guide that incorporates the NATF model, criteria, and questionnaire. The Guide provides seven appendices that are helpful for practical applications, including an implementation toolkit, a sample risk assessment, and list of useful resources. You can access the document at https://www.publicpower.org/resource/cyber-supply-chain-risk-management [publicpower.org].Registration: Click here
- Hold The Date – FERC Annual Commissioner-led Reliability Technical Conference
Thursday, September 30, 2021 (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM). Panels will discuss the following:
- Panel 1: Bulk-Power System Reliability and Security: Current State, Challenges, and Initiatives
- Panel 2: Extreme Weather, Risks and Challenges
- Panel 3: Managing Cyber Risks in the Electric Power Sector
- Panel 4: Maintaining Electric Reliability with Changing Resource Mix
Annual Commissioner-led Reliability Technical Conference | Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (ferc.gov)
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
North American Generator Forum
M: (914) 806-0397
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!