NAGF News Bullets for BI-Week ending 8/12/2022
NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 8/12/2022
- Upcoming NAGF Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF Cold Weather Preparedness Monthly Webinar: August 17th @ 02:00-03:00 PM Eastern
- NAGF CIP Working Group Webinar – draft NERC Low Impact Criteria White Paper review: August 23rd @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Variable Resources Monthly Webinar: August 24th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF SRT Monthly Webinar: September 7th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- EPRI, ESIG, NAGF, and NERC Joint Generator Interconnection Workshop
This virtual workshop was held August 9-11, 2022 and discussed relationships between interconnection process reforms and new standards for inverter-based resources. In addition, the workshop provided examples for improving the generation interconnection process and ensuring more economic, sustainable, and reliable operation of the future grid.
Workshop presentations and recordings are available on the ESIG website:
Joint Generator Interconnection Workshop (Virtual) – ESIG
- Joint NERC and Texas RE Staff Report: Panhandle Wind Disturbance
This report analyzes the loss of wind resources in the Texas Panhandle area that occurred on March 22, 2022. While the event did not meet the qualified criteria for a Category 1i event per the Electric Reliability Organization (ERO) Event Analysis Process, the ERO Enterprise conducted an analysis of this event due to the high risk of inverter-based resource performance issues.
Full Announcement | Panhandle Wind Disturbance: Joint NERC and Texas RE Staff Report
- NPCC DER/VER Forum
The NPCC Regional Standards Committee (RSC) held a DER/VER Forum webinar on Thursday, August 11, 2022. The webinar agenda and the webinar recording can be found on the NPCC website per the following link:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!