https://generatorforum.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/News-Bulletins.jpg 401 600 m16Dev https://generatorforum.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/NAGF-Logo.png m16Dev2021-07-30 07:33:562021-11-30 16:38:12NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 7/30/2021
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 7/30/2021
Subject: NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 07/30/2021
- NERC MRC/BOT Teleconference August 2021
The NAGF developed and submitted Policy Input to the NERC Member Representatives Committee (MRC) and Board of Trustees (BOT) in preparation for the NERC BOT teleconference on August 12, 2021. The NAGF Policy Input submittal provides comments regarding other activities the ERO Enterprise should pursue for the upcoming 2021/2022 Winter and additional steps to be taken by industry to address preparation for future winter extreme events. The NAGF submittal is available in the NAGF Group site file cabinet under the “NERC Board Reports\2021“ folder.
- Draft NERC Alert Cold Weather Preparations for Extreme Weather Events – NAGF Comments
NERC provided the subject draft alert to the NAGF for comments before finalizing and sending to industry. The draft alert was shared with membership and comments were developed based on the feedback received. NAGF comments were submitted to NERC on 7-26-2021. Additional NAGF member comments were submitted after the 7-26-2021 deadline as well. The NAGF comments can be found on the NAGF Groupsite in the ‘Member Communications” directory.
- FERC Chairman Glick, Commissioners Discuss the Changing Energy Landscape at House Oversight Hearing
On July 27th subject hearing, Chairman Glick’s testimony identified five priority areas for the Commission to address ongoing changes in the energy sector:
- Building the transmission grid of the future.
- Modernizing electricity market design.
- Updating FERC’s natural gas certificate Policy Statement.
- Safeguarding the reliability of the electric grid, including protecting against evolving cybersecurity threats.
- Facilitating more inclusive decision making processes.
FERC Commissioners testimony can be found here: https://www.ferc.gov/news-events/events/hearing-changing-energy-landscape-oversight-ferc-07272021
- Upcoming NAGF Working Group Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF CIP Working Group: August 10th @ 02:00-03:00 pm ET
Conference call/webinar and meeting agenda information can be found in the associated working group event posted on the NAGF Groupsite calendar.
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
North American Generator Forum
M: (914) 806-0397
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!