NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 7/15/2022
- Upcoming NAGF Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF Cold Weather Preparedness Monthly Webinar: July 20th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Variable Resources Working Group Monthly Webinar: July 28th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF SRT Comment Development Monthly Webinar: August 3rd @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Formal Comments for NERC Projects
The NAGF worked with membership to develop, finalize and submit formal comments for the following project:
The formal comments documents are located in the NAGF website file cabinet under the “NERC Submittals\Project 2020-02” folder.
- Hold the Date: EPRI, ESIG, NAGF, and NERC Joint Generator Interconnection Workshop
This online workshop will cover the important relationships between interconnection process reforms and new standards for inverter-based resources. The workshop will provide education on both topics and how they interact for improving the generation interconnection process and ensuring more economic, sustainable, and reliable operation of the future grid.
This workshop will provide technical understanding of each topic area, in a way that facilitates constructive discussion and thoughtful feedback. While panelists will include engineering and technical experts on each topic, the workshop is intended for a broad engineering, policy, and decision-maker audience. The workshop includes three, half-day online sessions on August 9, 10, and 11. Participation in all three days is recommended but not required. You will need to register separately for each half-day session you plan to attend. Materials and recordings will be available for all sessions to those that registered at the conclusion of the workshop. There is no charge for the workshop.
Registration details are below:
- Day 1: The Interconnection Process 1:00–4:00 p.m. Eastern, August 9, 2022
- Day 2: Interconnection Studies and Modeling 1:00–4:00 p.m. Eastern, August 10, 2022
- Day 3: IBR Interconnection Requirements and Next Steps 1:00–4:00 p.m. Eastern, August 11, 2022