- Upcoming NAGF Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF CIP Monthly Webinar: March 8th @ 02:00-03:00 pm ET
- NAGF Cold Weather Preparedness Working Group Monthly Webinar: March 16th @ 02:00-03:00 pm ET
- NAGF Variable Resources Working Group Monthly Webinar: March 23rd @ 11:00-12:00 pm ET
Log on to the NAGF website ( https://generatorforum.org/ ) members section and go to the Calendar to access event details.
- NERC 2021 Annual Report
The past year at NERC was defined by transformation as highlighted in NERC’s 2021 Annual Report. Both the Electric Reliability Organization (ERO) Enterprise and the grid are undergoing changes. In 2021, the ERO Enterprise faced an ongoing pandemic, extreme weather events and security risks against the backdrop of an evolving grid. The report uses NERC’s 2021 focus areas to highlight the largest efforts undertaken over the course of the year:
- Expanding Risk-Based Focus in Standards, Compliance Monitoring, and Enforcement
- Assessing and Catalyzing Steps to Mitigate Known and Emerging Risks to Reliability and Security
- Building a Strong E-ISAC-Based Security Capability
- Strengthening Engagement across the Reliability and Security Ecosystem in North America
- Capturing Effectiveness, Efficiency, and Continuous Improvement Opportunity
- NERC 6 GHz Task Force – Survey
The 6GHz Task Force is responsible for investigating the reliability impacts regarding the 6 GHz band of the radio spectrum which is widely used by a broad array of industries responsible for critical infrastructure such as electric, gas and water utilities, railroads, and wireless carriers, as well as by public safety and law enforcement officials. The task force will be sending a survey to industry in early March requesting feedback on industry’s use of the 6 GHz band.