NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 11/18/2022
- Upcoming NAGF Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF CIPWG Comment Development Webinar for NERC Project 2022-05 Modifications to CIP-008 Reporting Thresholds draft SAR: November 21st @ 01:30-02:30 pm Eastern
- NAGF SRT Comment Development Webinar for NERC Project 2021-06 Modifications to IRO-010 and TOP-003 Draft #1: November 29th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Variable Resources Working Group Monthly Webinar: November 30th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NERC Reliability Issues Steering Committee – Nomination Period Open for New Members
Nomination Period: November 8-December 9, 2022
As the terms expire for a number of Reliability Issues Steering Committee (RISC) members on January 31, 2023, volunteers are being sought from the Member Representatives Committee (MRC) and industry to serve on the RISC for two-year terms ending January 31, 2025.
The RISC is an advisory committee that reports directly to the NERC Board of Trustees (Board) and triages and provides front-end, high-level leadership and accountability for issues of strategic importance to bulk power system (BPS) reliability and security.
As described in the RISC charter, nominees for RISC should meet the following general qualifications:
- Executive-level position within the electric utility industry;
- High-level understanding and strategic perspectives on reliability risks; and
- Commitment to regular participation on the RISC in a collaborative and consensus-building manner.
If you are interested in nominating either yourself or another person, please complete the attached nomination form at the following link: RISC Nomination Form.
- 2022 Reliability Issues Steering Committee Emerging Risks Survey
NAGF members are invited to participate in the 2022 Reliability Issues Steering Committee (RISC) Emerging Risks Survey. The survey provides identified bulk power system (BPS) reliability risks and recommended mitigating activities to control them compiled by the RISC in the 2021 ERO Reliability Risk Priorities Report. The survey serves as a vehicle to prioritize identified risks, determine the level of impact of the mitigating activities as well as to potentially identify new and emerging risks. Additionally, the survey responses set a framework for the development of the 2023 ERO Reliability Risk Priorities report (See the 2021 report for background) which will provide an overview of inherent BPS risks, current mitigating activities and recommendations for additional activities to control the risks.
The deadline for completion is December 9, 2022. Should you have any questions with respect to the survey or obstacles with using SurveyMonkey feel free to contact Tina Buzzard (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete and is available per the following link:
- FERC Proposes IBR Standards, Registration to Improve Grid Reliability
On Thursday, November 17, 2022, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ordered mandatory reliability standards for inverter-based resources, or IBRs, to help make sure wind, solar and battery storage don’t threaten grid reliability. FERC also directed the North American Reliability Corp. to develop a plan to register the entities that own and operate IBRs and approved updated interconnection requirements for those resources.