NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 10/20/2023
- Upcoming NAGF Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF CIP Working Group Comment Development Webinar for Project 2020-04: CIP-012 Draft #4 – October 24th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Variable Resources Working Group Comment Development Webinar for Project 2021-02: VAR-002 Draft #3 – October 30th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Standards Review Team Monthly Webinar – November 1st @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF CIP Working Group Comment Development Webinar for Project 2021-03: CIP-002 Draft #1 – November 2nd @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
(Webinar information can be found on the NAGF website Event Calendar.)
- FERC Moves to Protect Grid for Transition to Clean Energy Resources
On October 19, 2023, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission directed the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) to develop new or revise existing reliability standards for inverter-based resources, or IBRs, such as wind, solar and battery systems. The new or revised reliability standards will comprehensively address IBR data sharing, model validation, planning and operational studies, and performance requirements. NERC must file the new or revised standards in tranches, with each tranche due no later than November 4 of each of the next three years. NERC also has 90 days to submit to the Commission an informational filing that includes a detailed, comprehensive standards development and implementation plan.
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
North American Generator Forum
M: (914) 806-0397