NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 10/6/2023
- Upcoming NAGF Conference Calls/Webinars
- 2023 ANNUAL COMPLIANCE CONFERENCE GENerating Reliability and Resiliency – October 10-12th @ NERC’s Offices, Atlanta GA
- NAGF Variable Resources Working Group Comment Development Webinar for Project 2020-06: IBR Glossary Terms – October 16th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF CIP Working Group Monthly Webinar – October 17th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Cold Weather Preparedness Working Group Monthly Webinar – October 18th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Comment Development Webinar for NERC Rule Of Procedure (ROP) IBR changes – October 19th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
(Webinar information can be found on the NAGF website Event Calendar.)
- NERC to Issue Section 800 Data Request to Assess the Extent of Cross-Border Operation Control of Bulk Power System Elements
Over the past year, NERC has identified instances of cross-border operation or control of bulk power system elements. Technological advancements, which were previously not available, have enabled dispersed management systems used by distributed energy resource aggregators, Internet-of-Things devices and outage management systems and have increased automation/integration of operational technology networks, increasing the opportunity for cross-border operations.
NERC developed a Section 800 data request that would enable NERC to identify the extent to which non-U.S. entities have the ability to operate or control U.S. bulk power system assets. Those cross-border operations would include activities stemming from Canada and Mexico, as well as outside of North America.
This data request will allow NERC to assess the extent of risk and begin to evaluate potential next steps. The Section 800 data request is expected to be issued this fall.
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
North American Generator Forum
M: (914) 806-0397