NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 9/8/2023
- Upcoming NAGF Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF CIP Working Group Monthly Webinar – September 12th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Cold Weather Preparedness Working Group Monthly Webinar – September 20th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Variable Resources Working Group Monthly Webinar – September 27th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
(Webinar information can be found on the NAGF website Event Calendar.)
- Comment Period Open for Draft Technical Justification Document and SAR on Transmission Planning Energy Scenarios
The NERC Board of Trustees in its November 16, 2022 meeting directed NERC to submit a SAR to the Standards Committee (SC) for authorization focused on transmission planning (TPL) energy scenarios that shall consider the following at minimum:
- Normal and extreme events
- Gas-Electric interdependencies
- Distributed energy resource (DER) events
- Cyber-informed transmission planning
Additional information about the NERC energy scenario initiative and related TPL efforts can be found on the NERC website under the gray menu option called “Initiatives” or via the link below.
Click here for: Quick Reference Guide: Energy Scenarios
A 45-day comment period for the Standard Authorization Request (SAR) and associated Transmission Planning Energy Scenarios Technical Justification document developed by the Electric Reliability Organization Enterprise (ERO-E), consisting of NERC and its six Regional Entities, is now open through Friday, October 6, 2023, 8:00 p.m. Eastern.
The ERO-E is seeking comments from key industry stakeholders including, but not limited to, organizations such as APPA, EEI, E-ISAC, ISO/RTO, NAGF, and NATF. Comments must be submitted to NERC using the comment matrix forms available below and emailed to Mohamed Osman no later than Friday, October 6, 2023, 8:00 p.m. Eastern.
Click here for: Transmission Planning Energy Scenarios **Link Updated**
Click here for: Transmission Planning Energy Scenarios – Comment Matrix
Click here for: SAR – “Transmission Planning Energy Scenarios” **Link Updated**
Click here for: SAR – “Transmission Planning Energy Scenarios” – Comment Matrix
July 2023 Comments Received and Redlines
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
North American Generator Forum
M: (914) 806-0397