NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 8/25/2023
- Upcoming NAGF Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF Standards Review Team Comment Development Webinar for Project 2023-01: EOP-004 IBR Event Reporting Draft #1 – August 29th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Standards Review Team Comment Development Webinar for Project 2021-04: PRC-002/PRC-028 Draft #1 – August 30th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF VRWG Comment Development Webinar for Project 2023-05: FAC-001/002 Draft #1 – August 30th @ 12:00-01:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Standards Review Team Monthly Webinar – September 6th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
(Webinar information can be found on the NAGF website Event Calendar.)
- NERC – Collective Focus Imperative for Mitigating Emerging Risks to Grid Reliability
Five significant evolving and interdependent risks — energy policy, grid transformation, resilience to extreme events, security risks and critical infrastructure interdependencies – are identified in the 2023 ERO Reliability Risk Priorities Report. Energy policy is a new risk profile and has broad implications across the risk profiles, the report notes, as it catalyzes changes and has the potential to amplify their effects. Consequently, energy policy can drive change in bulk power system (BPS) planning and operations in short time periods, affecting reliability and resilience.
The report, which was accepted by the Board of Trustees last week at its quarterly meeting, is a forward-looking view of current and projected risks to BPS reliability and presents the results of the Reliability Issues Steering Committee’s (RISC) efforts to strategically define and prioritize risks to BPS reliability. The RISC functions as an advisory committee to NERC’s Board of Trustees and produces this report every two years.
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
North American Generator Forum
M: (914) 806-0397