Subject: NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 09/24/2021
- NERC Announcement: FERC, NERC Staff Review 2021 Winter Freeze, Recommend Standards Improvements
The electric and natural gas industries need to strengthen their winterization and cold weather preparedness and coordination to prevent a recurrence of the unprecedented February 2021 power outages to millions of people during the February 2021 freeze in Texas and the Midwest.That is the assessment of a preliminary report presented at today’s Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) meeting by a joint inquiry team of staff from FERC and the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and its regional entities. The report reviews what happened during the freeze and outlines a series of recommendations, including mandatory electric reliability standards, to prevent its recurrence.
- 2021 NAGF Virtual Annual Meeting and Compliance Conference – Registration is Open!
The 11th Annual North American Generator Forum Virtual Meeting is scheduled for October 12-14th, 01:00-05:00 (Eastern) each day. The theme for this year’s virtual meeting is generator reliability and resiliency. The virtual format will provide attendees with the ability to customize their conference experience to attend one or all three days. Keynote speakers are as follows:
- NERC Board Chair Ken DeFontes
- Former Commissioner Cheryl LaFleur
Meeting agenda items include:
- Winter Storm Uri – recap and update
- Self-Reports and Mitigation Plans
- CIP Key Internal Controls
- Generator Resiliency – Panel discussion
- CIP-003 Revisions and Low Impact Entities
- PRC-024 – Relay Settings for Generators
- NAGF Members-Only Business Meeting
Tickets are $50/attendee for NAGF members and $75/non-members. Registration, agenda, and ticket purchases are available on the NAGF public website https://www.generatorforum.org. Please feel free to contact Venona Greaff email@example.com with any questions regarding the NAGF Annual Meeting.
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
North American Generator Forum
M: (914) 806-0397