NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 6/2/2023
- Upcoming NAGF Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF Standards Review Team Comment Development Webinar for Project 2021-06 IRO-010 & TOP-003 Draft 2 – June 6th @ 03:00-04:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Standards Review Team Monthly Webinar – June 7th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF CIPWG Monthly Webinar – June 13th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Variable Resources WG Comment Development Webinar for Project 2021-02 VAR-002 Draft 2 – June 14th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Cold Weather Preparedness Working Group Monthly Webinar – June 21st @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
(Webinar information can be found on the NAGF website Event Calendar.)
- NERC Level 3 Alert FAQ Posted
NERC has published an FAQ document on the Level 3 Extreme Cold Weather Alert to address some of the common concerns heard during development of the alert and to provide more clarity of the level 3 alert Essential Actions and questions.
- NERC Section 1600 Data Request for Internal Network Security Monitoring (INSM)
Pursuant to NERC Rules of Procedure Section 1600, NERC is requiring responses to a data request regarding internal network security monitoring. This data request is in response to a FERC directive in Order No. 887 to conduct a study on the risks of the lack of, and challenges to implementing, internal network security monitoring for medium impact Bulk Electric System (BES) Cyber Systems without External Routable Connectivity and for all low-impact BES Cyber Systems. Registered entities have 60 days to provide finalized responses. One response is required for each NERC Compliance Registry (NCR). More information, including the complete data request, is available here.
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
North American Generator Forum
M: (914) 806-0397