NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 5/5/2023
- Upcoming NAGF Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF Standards Review Team Comment Development Webinar for Project 2017-01 BAL-003 Draft 2 – May 15th @ 03:00-04:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Cold Weather Preparedness Working Group Monthly Webinar – May 17th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Variable Resources Working Group Monthly Webinar – May 24th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Standards Review Team Comment Development Webinar for Project 2021-01 MOD-025 and PRC-019 Draft 2 – May 24th @ 03:00-04:00 pm Eastern
(Webinar information can be found on the NAGF website Event Calendar.)
- ERO Enterprise Publishes Cyber-Informed Transmission Planning White Paper
The North American bulk power system is facing a rapidly evolving threat landscape that is characterized by increasingly sophisticated cyber attacks, emphasizing the need to strengthen the resilience of the grid against potentially catastrophic impacts. To address this, the ERO Enterprise — NERC and the six Regional Entities — developed a white paper that introduces a cyber-informed transmission planning framework and provides a roadmap for integrating cyber security into transmission planning activities.
- NERC Webinar on the Level 3 Alert Essential Actions to Industry – Presentation and Recording Available
The recording and presentation from the Level 3 Alert Essential Actions to Industry Cold Weather Preparations for Extreme Weather Events III webinar have been posted on the NERC website. NERC is issuing this Level 3 Alert Essential Actions for Industry Cold Weather Preparations for Extreme Weather Events III to increase the Reliability Coordinators’ (RC), Balancing Authorities’ (BA), Transmission Operators’ (TOP), and Generator Owners’ (GO) readiness and enhanced plans for, and progress toward, mitigating risk for winter 2023–2024 and beyond.
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
North American Generator Forum
M: (914) 806-0397