NAGF News Bullets for Bi-Week ending 2/10/2023
- Upcoming NAGF Conference Calls/Webinars
- NAGF Variable Resources Working Group Comment Development Webinar on Draft NERC Alert for IBRs: February 14th @ 11:00-12:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF CIP Working Group Monthly Webinar: February 14th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Cold Weather Preparedness Working Group Monthly Webinar: February 15th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
- NAGF Physical Security Working Group 1Q2023 Webinar: February 20th @ 02:00-03:00 pm Eastern
(Webinar information can be found on the NAGF website Event Calendar.)
- Proposed changes to NERC Rules Of Procedure (ROP) Section 300 and Standards Processes Manual
NERC continually looks to improve its standard development processes to ensure that they are nimble and agile enough to keep pace with the speed of emerging risks as well as the challenges of the transforming grid. In early 2022, the NERC Board directed staff to examine the body of rules regarding Reliability Standards development and recommend such changes that would improve NERC’s ability to address urgent reliability needs with appropriate agility, and maintain (i) the key role of stakeholders in producing consensus standards and (ii) the essential ANSI principle. A webinar was held on January 31, 2023 to discuss the proposed changes, comment submittal process/schedule, and to take participant questions. The webinar recording along with the revised documents are available on the NERC ROP home page: Rules of Procedure (nerc.com)
- NAGF Advisory Committee openings
The NAGF Advisory Committee (AC) is comprised of a minimum of ten (10) members that provides strategic oversight of the day-to-day NAGF activities. There are currently two (2) openings available due to AC member retirements. NAGF AC members are expected to participate in a monthly conference call/webinar and participate/support the NAGF working group(s). Estimated time commitment is 1-3 hrs/month. Serving on the NAGF AC is an excellent way to support the NAGF, help guide the direction of the organization, and provides an excellent career development opportunity. To learn more, please contact Alison Mackellar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or me.
Wayne Sipperly Jr.
North American Generator Forum
M: (914) 806-0397