Senior NERC Compliance Specialist, DESC
Senior NERC Compliance Specialist
Date: Feb. 08, 2023, Job will be posted until Feb. 15, 2023
Location: Cayce, SC, US, 29033-3712
Company: Dominion Energy
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
Responsible to independently lead the coordination and administration of Dominion Energy’s NERC (North American Electric Reliability Corporation) compliance efforts, and implement the Company’s comprehensive compliance programs. Specific functions include: Develop and administer ongoing training programs to ensure successful implementation and advocacy of a NERC compliance culture within Dominion Energy. Assess, identify and prioritize NERC compliance risks based on federal, national and regional requirements. Recommend content and implementation strategies for Dominion Energy compliance program initiatives. Act as source of best practice information and keep abreast of trends and issues to design, implement, communicate, and administer NERC compliance programs. Provide honest, candid, and timely responses to appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and responsible management. Recommend specific action on various NERC compliance matters. Partner with compliance attorneys and other Dominion Energy registered entities to minimize legal and regulatory compliance risks. Prepare and present periodic reports to executives. Coordinate, schedule and implement an ongoing internal self-audit process to ensure continuous audit readiness by the business area. Execute Dominion Energy’s compliance audit preparations, schedules and logistics within the business area upon notification of an official compliance audit from regulatory and reliability entities (FERC, NERC, REs). Responsible for successfully leading complex special projects, as assigned.Apply Now
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- 5-6+ years of directly related experience.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication and presentation skills (including public speaking).
- Ability to research and understand customer issues.
- Respectful assertiveness, to ensure compliance requirements are met by others, while considering the spirit and letter of standards.
- Demonstrated consensus-building and team-building skills.
- Ability to be diplomatic and persuasive.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills.
- Independent decision-making expertise.
- Complete understanding of regulations and policies pertaining to the NERC Compliance Program and the ability to independently implement them in the Business Area.
- Clear understanding of the company’s organizational structure.
- Ability to analyze information and make sound decisions.
- Compliance and/or Business Area Experience required.
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education:
Preferred Disciplines: Business, Engineering, Business Management, Engineering Technology, Engineering/Electrical/Mechanical, Math/Science
Other disciplines may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s) listed above.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
Complete details provided in “Apply” hyperlink
Contact: Alyssa Hubbard, Work Phone: (803) 217-8181
At a Glance
Location:West Columbia, South Carolina
Position:Senior NERC Compliance Specialist
Date Posted:February 8, 2023